In his 20+ years in construction, Derek has held a variety of positions including Superintendent, residential builder and Project Manager and is skilled in estimating, project management, scheduling, value engineering and all-around customer service. His experience includes projects in commercial, light industrial, retail, residential, multi-family and higher-ed markets. Derek has a proven track record of completing projects on schedule and under budget, even in harsh environments with aggressive time-lines. His work on Two WaterStone Place helped earn that project the 2008 ABC Award of Excellence in Design/Build Construction, the 2008 Tilt-Up Achievement Award from the Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) and the 2008 Design-Build Award from the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA). In addition to running his own projects, Derek also provides support to the rest of our project management team by acting as a resource for means and methods, scheduling, creative problem solving, training and professional development. Relevant project experience includes:
- 791 Pine Ridge Road 9,000 sf ground-up spec building. $1MM for future single or multi-tenant occupancy, CMU construction, small site, completed in winter.
- Interstate Electrical Contractors 17,000 sf tilt-up concrete construction. $2.7MM build-to-suit for light industrial user with 65% office and 35% warehouse.
- SSA 45,000 sf 3-story class AA office building. $6.7MM tilt-up concrete including interior finishes on the lower 2 floors, full-height curtainwall features, porcelain tile on exterior of first floor.
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity $2.2MM demolition and abatement of adjacent apartment building, renovation of existing 3-story historical home and a 3-story LEED Silver Student Housing Addition for the University of Cincinnati.
- Salem Heights Senior Living Renovation 99,225 sf 3-story 5 wing facility. $6MM construction of 51 market rate senior living apartments inside an existing structure.
- Two WaterStone Place $12MM 75,000 sf 3-story Class A office building.
- Mission Point Site Development $12MM 75,000 sf 3-story Class A office building.
- Mission Point Boulevard $400,000 1,000 feet of 4-lane roadway.
- 2601 Mission Point Boulevard $8MM 94,000 sf LEED Silver, 3-story Class A office building.
- Lofts at One West High Street $4MM 24,000 sf student housing and retail space for Miami Oxford University.
- MI Homes $300,000 6,000 sf commercial office and design center tenant finish.
- Scroggins Information Systems $200,000 3,000 sf commercial office tenant finish.
- BA in Engineering Technology with a minor in Business Management
Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio – 1996
- LEED AP
- OSHA 10 HR & 30 HR training
- Certified Concrete Technician – American Concrete Institute
- Lean Manufacturing Certification – Definity Partners
- CPR and First Aid