In his 20+ years in construction, Derek has held a variety of positions including Superintendent, residential builder and Project Manager and is skilled in estimating, project management, scheduling, value engineering and all-around customer service. His experience includes projects in commercial, light industrial, retail, residential, multi-family and higher-ed markets. Derek has a proven track record of completing projects on schedule and under budget, even in harsh environments with aggressive timelines. His work on Two WaterStone Place helped earn that project the 2008 ABC Award of Excellence in Design/Build Construction, the 2008 Tilt-Up Achievement Award from the Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) and the 2008 Design-Build Award from the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA). In addition to running his own projects, Derek also provides support to the rest of our project management team by acting as a resource for means and methods, scheduling, creative problem solving, training and professional development. Relevant project experience includes:
- 791 Pine Ridge Road 9,000 sf ground-up spec building. $1MM for future single or multi-tenant occupancy, CMU construction, small site, completed in winter.
- Interstate Electrical Contractors 17,000 sf tilt-up concrete construction. $2.7MM build-to-suit for light industrial user with 65% office and 35% warehouse.
- SSA 45,000 sf 3-story class AA office building. $6.7MM tilt-up concrete including interior finishes on the lower 2 floors, full-height curtainwall features, porcelain tile on exterior of first floor.
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity $2.2MM demolition and abatement of adjacent apartment building, renovation of existing 3-story historical home and a 3-story LEED Silver Student Housing Addition for the University of Cincinnati.
- Salem Heights Senior Living Renovation 99,225 sf 3-story 5-wing facility. $6MM construction of 51 market rate senior living apartments inside an existing structure.
- Two WaterStone Place $12MM 75,000 sf 3-story Class A office building.
- Mission Point Site Development $12MM 75,000 sf 3-story Class A office building.
- Mission Point Boulevard $400,000 1,000 feet of 4-lane roadway.
- 2601 Mission Point Boulevard $8MM 94,000 sf LEED Silver, 3-story Class A office building.
- Lofts at One West High Street $4MM 24,000 sf student housing and retail space for Miami Oxford University.
- MI Homes $300,000 6,000 sf commercial office and design center tenant finish.
- Scroggins Information Systems $200,000 3,000 sf commercial office tenant finish.
- BA in Engineering Technology with a minor in Business Management
Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio – 1996
- LEED AP
- OSHA 10 HR & 30 HR training
- Certified Concrete Technician – American Concrete Institute
- Lean Manufacturing Certification – Definity Partners
- CPR and First Aid